Tuesday, February 26, 2008

initiative

A father I know recently sent this message to a child that I know, but it could as easily been written from our heavenly father to one of his children.

Initiative:
energy or aptitude displayed in the starting of an action : at one's own discretion : independently of outside influence or control

If someone sits around and wonders why no one will help them, no one will. If someone stands up and says, I am going to get after this, I am going to take the initiative, well, people are impressed with this approach to life.

Not just when you are home for the weekend, but your whole life, people will want to help you, if you stand up and show some effort. Those who sit back and complain, well, no one wants to run with that.

In your classes, show your teachers that you want to do well, and they will help you. It is a self fulfilling prophecy of life. In the workplace, show that you care, and good employers will reward you.

Stand up and take the world on, and your Father will help you.
I love you and I am proud of you.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: