Friday, February 15, 2008

Doing the dishes

I have noticed something. There is something special about people that come over to your house and do the dishes. They are thinking outside of themselves. They refuse to leave a mess for others. They are willing to serve.

One life rule that I really like is this: stop at every lemonade stand and make a purchase. Let's add another life rule: when you go to someone else's house for dinner, do the dishes.

Heck, why not just sneak into your friends home and do the dishes. Maybe when they find out you did it, they will invite you over for dinner.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

chigger farmer said...

Small acts of unexpected service are such wonderful gifts to receive. Although I have yet to have someone sneak in and do my dishes - I have come out of the office to find my windows all scraped off after we had snow/sleet. That was awesome, and even though I was the recipient, I was immediately thinking of that other person out in the cold clearing off my windshield. Their kindness made me think of others and prompted me to look for opportunities to share an act of service to someone else.

I love that idea of being "others" focused.....and finding ways to show love buy doing something. Hey, like Jeff said; you might even get a meal out of it!

Chigger Farmer

Anonymous said...

Anytime you wanna do the dishes, I'll include a meal; no problem!
BuonaCuoca