Thursday, February 21, 2008

decisions

A friend of mine has a very big decision to make. Big decisions are complicated. What are my thoughts, my family's thoughts, the future, friends, etc. He is in a spot. Or is it an opportunity?

Everyone has an opinion. Everyone has advice. My friend has to make the decision.

Sometimes I think that there may not always be "one right choice." Sometimes, I think God watches and celebrates as we think and pray and exercise our gift of free will.

This I know. The soul is clouded by the noise of life. The soul misses opportunities to be engaged in life, because our brains are so full of worries. What about the money? What about my friends? What about my family? What are they trying to do to me? How can this happen? What will the future hold?

When we stop asking all of these questions, the soul rises to the top. It finally has a chance to sense the possibilities. Jesus said, "Come unto me all you that are weary and heavy burdened and I will give you rest." The best decisions are made when the soul is at rest. When we get past the noise of life and discover that peace that passes understanding.

Let your soul rise to the top my dear friend. And let there be no mistake, you are a great soul. You have been bought with a price, saved for a purpose, called and gifted to leave a mark on this world. What ever you do, it will be from the essence of your being. And when we decide from the soul, everything always works out.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

another idea to go along with this...

Jer 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

our plans may not be God's plans, and our decisions might not be his decisions for us, but with him the future always holds some hope! :)