Monday, February 18, 2008

forgiveness

Sometimes, words that are spoken in church are better read then said. Having said that, I wanted to put the following into print regarding forgiveness.

When you become a player in an arena of pain, and you step into the fray and truly forgive, you have chosen the high road, you have chosen the way of love, you have chosen to bring a healing balm to the wounded, you have chosen to bring greatness to the stage of life.

I am not speaking of a greatness as most people consider greatness. I do not refer to an accomplishment of national or political stature. I do not refer to a greatness that comes from wealth or fame. No, I am talking about the greatness that occurs when true spirituality is thrust into an argument. When grace is delivered to a foe. When entering the field of battle, where we have raged with fury in the past, now we enter with a different attitude, a different countenance, a different purpose. We step forward and face our former foe and we say to them,

"I am sorry. I am sorry, I am sorry. I forgive you, please forgive me. Let the grace of Jesus Christ rule in our hearts and lives. Let the grace of Jesus Christ be larger, longer and heavier, than any chains I have carried around in the past. I forgive you. Please forgive me."

Winston Churchill said, "Some people are born great; some people achieve greatness; and some people have greatness thrust upon them." Jesus invites us to choose greatness by injecting true spirituality into the most difficult moments of daily living.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good. Offer it to others.

No comments: