Thursday, February 14, 2008

my poor wife

The poor woman. She is married to me. It is a cross to bear. Now add to that, she was supposed to fly home last night, but Minneapolis was snowed in. So she could not come home. After spending an enjoyable evening at the airport, she flew to Salt Lake City instead, arriving there about 11pm. Friday she is supposed to be in Las Vegas for work, so she is just going to catch a flight today to Vegas. She didn't get to come home for valentines day, and I actually have a card and a present for her this year. Flying around the country in the winter has it's challenges.

Now onto another topic.
Friend-
I could tell when you came in the door that it had been a tough day. I hugged you. I noticed that others noticed that you were in distress too.

We talked about lunch and decided on breakfast or a cup of coffee. I want you to know something. I have a feeling that things can get better for you. I am not talking about some generic hopeful idea, I am suggesting to you that in the world of God's grace there is something real waiting for you.

Take heart, things are going to be looking up.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

ArtByWalt said...

Yep, travel in winter is tough. Deb's been in sunny California all week. I left her Valentines card by the coffee Tuesday, she left the house around 4AM. So here I sit, talking to the dogs and wait.