Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hip Hop

Last night at Dream Team/Church Council, one of the new ministries that was launched was a hip hop ministry. Now what is a hip hop ministry? I don't know. I have never been a part of one. But it involves dancing, Christian music, and young people.

I don't think that I will like this kind of music, and I know I can't do the dancing anymore, but if the young people want to come out for this on a Friday night, I am all for it. I will never forget the scene from the movie Sister Act, when the young people open up the door to the empty church. They have just heard the awesome new music, and they come and open the back door. The priest stands up and waves them on in.

That is what our churches ought to be doing. Waving in the young people. Having things in them that make the 51 year old people [like me] uncomfortable. The joy of seeing and reaching young folks makes me truly happy. I can put up with music that isn't my style. What about you?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so cute . . . and open-minded . . . rare for any 51-year-old . . . let alone a pastor! That's why we love you!!