Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Not all dogs

I could have killed him. Lou the dog. Not all dogs go to heaven. His future is suspect. Saturday he was outside for a long time. He is kind of like a kid. When you don't hear so much from them, you wonder what kind of trouble they are in.

I went outside to check on him. He was eating something. I assumed it was p- -p. I can't say it, but you know, dogs eat it sometimes for some reason. I yelled at him. I told him to stop eating that.

When I got closer, I noticed that he was eating something else. A baby bunny. I looked around, it looked like a bunny war zone. That dog had found a nest of bunnies and had caught and killed six of them. Bad dog. Very bad dog. And all of this was the day before Easter.

I picked up the bunnies and put them in sack. They found a place of eternal disposal.

If you know any rabbits, tell them not to put their nests in our yard. Lou the dog has no mercy on rabbits. He is grounded for two weeks. I wish he could catch squirrels.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny--the horrible death of the bunnies is not funny, but the way you tell the story is. I guess that's a good thing. I saved a little bunny last spring and had it for about 3 weeks before it "passed"--I cried like a baby as I buried he/she in the yard. I would have been devastated if I had come upon a scene like you described.