Friday, April 3, 2009

straining

Life can be hard work some times. Straining to figure it out. Striving to get everything done. Working at it from every direction. Burning the candle at both ends. Sometimes life is just like that.

Other times, there is peace. When I am in touch with my soul, I am at peace. The world around may be going to h in a hand basket, but I am at peace. It is as if we are walking in the very presence of God, being led by that unseen hand. There is no straining, only rest. O, that life were like this more often.

O, to be more aware of the life of the soul. O to worry less. O to trust Him. When I can slow it all down, it is good. Life is good. All the same problems, it is just that my feet have found their place upon the solid rock.

Are you doing too much? Hurried? Busy? Forgot you even have a soul? We are not made to live like this. Stop. Look inside. Listen. God is always present with us. Let's take a few moments to become aware of this so that we can enjoy the day with Him.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems that slowing things down and placing your feet on solid ground is common sense. So, why is so hard sometimes, okay... a LOT of the time! Everything goes so smoothly when I take the time to slow it down!Thank you, Jeff, for the reminder.