Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Last night

Last night I had a blast. I drove to St. Joe. 1 hr, 15 mins. I am a slow driver. You know, take your time, see the sights, listen to the birds sing.

I had a wonderful meeting with a leadership team from Ashland UMC. What a friendly, joyful bunch! They pastor, Gary Dewitt is also a super guy. We talked church and ministry, and it was just a very enjoyable time. I hope they enjoyed it as well. They reminded me of the good folks at Woods Chapel.

Then I drove home. Pressure off. Day's work is done. just drive home and enjoy the drive. I thank God for MP3 players. Put all of your favorite music on and you can just click to the next one if you don't like what is playing. Several songs just blessed me.

The house that mercy built, by Point of Grace
Blessed be your name, by Matt Redmond.

Then there were some oldies. God likes oldies too.

Convoy, by CW McCall 1975
The Mississippi squirrel revival, by Ray Stevens 1984
Ain't no mountain high enough, by Diana Ross [w/o supremes] 1970

Don't those songs make you grin? Good stuff. Good vibrations. A great drive on a wonderful night. May we find more joyful moments this day.

it's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

KCSherri said...

Gosh, and here I thought that I was the only person alive with "Mississippi Squirrel Revival" on their I-pod...! That song makes me laugh every time I hear it...good times!

Sherri O