Thursday, April 23, 2009

seeing the best in others

On Saturday I am doing a funeral [Lord willing] for a woman about whom the following testimony was given: "she saw people as God sees them." When you think about it, this is a great compliment and a pretty profound way to live.

When you see someone, are you easily annoyed by them? Do you ever catch yourself judging others for some reason? We are so good at being human. It comes so naturally to us.

But, if we can just pause for a moment and really look at the other person. They are one of God's miracles too. They may be broken and shattered by life, but they were still created in God's image.

I find that when I look and see the best in others, they usually live up to my expectations. And when I don't the same is true. I think we have great power to bring out the best in people by just taking a moment to simply love them.

Who has God put in your path today? Do you see them or are they invisible to you? Do you see them as God's sees them? Try it and see if it doesn't make a difference.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jeff, for the encouragement and inspiration to do a check up on our people thoughts.

God bless.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about this very subject the other day. And I started thinking about looking at or thinking about other people the way I do my own children--because that's really what God is doing. For instance, when I see on TV that someone is being judged for their behavior, I look at them and think, "if I were their mother, would I just quit loving them because of it?" No, my children have my unconditional love. I would not approve of their behavior or condone their crime, but I couldn't quit loving who they are--my children, God's children.