Sunday, April 26, 2009

Unity Village

Wow. I went to Unity Village yesterday for the first time. I had never driven back into the middle of the complex. The main tower was built in 1929. I was surprised to see the tower fenced off. It is in such bad shape that chunks of concrete have fallen off of it. Also the beautiful fountains are drained and empty because they are so old.

I feel bad when I see the dreams of another person in another generation falling apart. Like when you drive by an old abandoned farm that was obviously someone else's dream 75 years ago. It makes me think of such questions....What happened to them? Where did they go? Do we all just live and die?

I hope that we always have the funds to replace the roof on the church, keep the walls painted and the pond free of algae.

I am not sure that I am comfortable to say what I really want to say here. Buildings are not everything, but I wonder if the condition and care of a building say anything about the condition of the mission. I hope they can raise the funds to fix the tower and the fountains.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Did you walk the labyrinth?