Thursday, June 18, 2009

baby robin

Last night I saved a baby robin. Actually I guess it was an adolescent robin. Out of the nest, too big to stay in the nest, it is yet unable to fly. It is running around in our back yard. Our dog who is not a bird dog, does not even see the bird.

Anytime I get close to this bird, the momma and daddy robins come flying out of nowhere to try and run me off. I coax the little robin to the back gate and he hops out into the field. No longer confined by our fence, I hope that he/she finds wings real soon.

I find it so interesting that even when the bird is out of the nest, the parents are still very concerned about it's well being. A harbinger of things to come for the Brinkmans. At least this bird will get another chance to sing.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Dave Templeman said...

After hitting the bird a week or so ago, what a great opportunity to make ammends to the avian community! :-)

My "save a bird" story involves our cats and a bald, but otherwise unharmed bird in the family room.