Sunday, June 7, 2009

ordination service

Last night I attended the ordination service at annual conference. There was hymn singing, call to the ministry testimonies by the bishops, and prayer. I was so happy for my friend Shawn Francensesengenses. He is such a good man and he has such a strong future.

Selfishly, it also made me think of my ordination, in 1991. David VanGiesen and Jim Bryan laid their hands on me and Bishop W.T. Handy put his hands on me and said, "take thou the authority to preach the word."

Very special moments. What a great gift to be a pastor. Thank you all for the opportunity. I love having the chance to care about you. If you are a pastor, be sure to give thanks for the chance to love others.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David VanGiesen was my youth pastor oh, so many years ago...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being there for me. You rock!

p.s. in case anyone wonders, it's FRANSSENS. It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to spell it right. :)