Wednesday, June 10, 2009

fortune cookie

Yesterday I took my daughter to lunch at the Panda Cafe. Nice quiet place to eat. Good food if you like Chinese food. General's chicken. Fried rice. Crab rangoon. No soup. They know my order by heart.

The day is dark and stormy. Dark for anytime of the day. Really dark considering that it was lunchtime. Rain coming down in sheets. Buckets. Cats and Dogs. Thunder. Lightning. It was a dark and stormy day. You get the picture.

We finish eating and I open my fortune cookie, which says: "It's a nice day."

I love it. Perfect. Totally how we ought to think. Dark and stormy, but it is still nice. Everything is ok. God is with us.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Dave Templeman said...

That's a nice fortune. I have a "you believe in the goodness of mankind" fortune taped to my office whiteboard.

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes fortune cookies are more advice than fortune?

Now I want to go to the Chinese place by my office for the General's Chicken....