Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

It's Father's Day and I am thinking about the soul. What if 80% of what we spend our lives on doesn't matter.

We are all worked up about how our sports teams do. How much money do I make? Do I drive a car that makes me feel good? Am I getting my fair share? Can I control my daily living? Is life fair? Am I getting appreciated? Does my religion fit nicely into my little theological box? Do I look good?

What if God doesn't care about most of that. What if His message to us was simple. "Every day you see other living souls. See them as souls. Love them. Help them. Care for them. That's all folks."

Happy Father's Day God. We will keep working on this.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow, "Happy Father's Day God"--that thought never occurred to me. Maybe I shouldn't admit that but, it's true. No golf shirt, tie or gift certificate for Him. Just our love and our love for others. How simply wonderful is that?

Happy Father's Day Jeff--enjoy this day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day!!! What a blessing you are!!!