Monday, June 15, 2009

God gives you people

I believe that God gives you people. People that just show up in your life. You can't exactly explain how or why they are there, but they show up. You are introduced by a mutual friend, you meet at a restaurant, you just see them and there is some connection.

How many of you can I say this about? Hundreds. Brad, we spent some time together at the golf tournament celebration. What a blessing to have had the opportunity to get to know you.

Friends, I hope that each of you are giving thanks for the people that just sort of "show up" in your lives. People that God gives you. They are a blessing. Maybe there is something that you are supposed to do together.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Dave Templeman said...

12 years ago I was the "advance scout" for our new hometown. Kelli was 6 months pregnant and had to stay in Iowa for another 4 months. I drove by the church when it was still on Woods Chapel road. I saw the cross and the flame. Ah, familiarity. I was warmly welcomed and invited from the minute I walked through the doors that first Sunday. How many good friends would I have missed out on if I had just stayed in bed that morning? Friends are one of God's greatest gifts. Thank you God for my friends at Woods Chapel!

Lion's Den Man said...

How about playing softball. I have met a lot of good people over the years playing softball with other WCC men. Last night I had the chance to talk with someone I had met before but not really talked to. Good man, good heart, soft spoken, lots of good thoughts and things to share.....you've seen him on here before. I hope to hear more of what he has to say....here and elsewhere....you just never know who you will touch.

Peace,
Lion's Den Man