Saturday, June 13, 2009

Weeds

How many times have I written about pulling weeds in the last two years? Friday is my "day off" so yesterday I helped a friend with a project, mowed the yard, did a wedding rehearsal and pulled weeds. Not in that order.

What do I like about pulling weeds after it has rained a bunch?
  • they come out more easily
  • they are no longer stealing the water that the good plants need
  • you can see the real plants, they are no longer covered up
  • the real plants can grow

I love pulling weeds because of the metaphor that I see so clearly about life and sin. When we are listening to God, when the Holy Spirit is working in us, it is much easier for the bad things to be removed from our lives. When they go, they are no longer taking the rightful place of the good and Godly things. When the bad things are gone, there is room for the good to grow. For character to shine forth.

If you have alot of weeds in your flower beds, let the water of God's grace shine on you. Loosen up the soil, then pull those things out. It feels so good when the good things are growing.

I have some more weeds out there, if you aren't doing anything later today, come on by......

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it always reminds me of the parable of the wheat and the tares....An enemy hath done this!