Tuesday, June 16, 2009

to apologize

Yesterday, someone apologized to me for something that they had said. Evidently they had been worried about that. They made a point to find me and say they were sorry.

Well, that was very nice, but I told them that the thing that they were worried about did not really even register on my radar screen. No problem at all. All is forgiven, but no offense was taken.

Something else that I heard in the interchange yesterday was that this is a good man. A good man or woman, for that matter, a good person will apologize when needed. Even once too often. It is far better to say that you are sorry one time too many than one time too few. To not apologize when it is needed is arrogant. To apologize when no offense was taken shows that you have a caring heart.

As always, I am surrounded by some pretty wonderful people.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: