Wednesday, June 24, 2009

hmmm

Last night I had dinner with my sister. She gave me some things that she had of Mom and Dad's that she did not want to keep anymore.

A picture of Grandma Heising [yup we are German]
A picture of Bop. That is: Great Great Grandfather Alfred Toll.
4 boxes of desert rose dishes of Mom's.
An afghan that Mom had crocheted. White with red eagles. It was done when I was in Jr. High School. It still looks to be in great shape.

Pictures of my parents in college. Mom is the Sig Ep sweet heart. Young. Beautiful. Sitting in a chair from the 50's. On the table next to her is a radio that I could have bought for 10cents at a garage sale when I was 14. Dad. Look at Dad. So young. So handsome. Wow does he look like Scott. This is wonderful and painful all at the same time.

They all had their shot at life. They did their best. They left behind a road to follow. Someday, my kids or grandkids will open up a box and see some things from 2009. I hope that their memories are good ones. This is our chance. Let's do the best we can.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Beautiful sentiments. Cherish and enjoy!