Friday, June 19, 2009

weeds again

You know I have been working on the weeds in the back 40. Last night I worked on them some more. There is a section of sedum about 4 feet long that is just infested with grass. So, grass won't grow where I want it to grow, but it is unstoppable where I don't want it to grow.

Last night I did major surgery. I dug up the whole area and pulled the grass and the sedum apart. By the way, is it sedum or sedem? Ground cover.

I was impressed at how hard the grass had worked to infiltrate the flower bed. Sending its tentacles up underneath and then through the barrier. As expensive as that barrier is, you would think that it would do a better job at being a barrier.

The grass and the sedem were very difficult to separate. I finally got it done, but I wonder if some of the grass roots are still intertwined with the sedem. If they are, then the grass will be back eventually.

Jesus talked about separating the wheat and the tares [weeds]. Easy for him, harder for us. The constant struggle to remove the things from the flower bed of our lives that don't belong there. Sometimes the bad things come out easily, sometimes it takes major surgery.

Don't give up. Keep working on growing the good stuff and removing the bad stuff.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: