Friday, June 5, 2009

my sins

What are my sins. I certainly have them. Nothing real exciting, most of my sins are boring. Sometimes I can be negative. Sometimes I am selfish. Sometimes I don't see the weakness and sin that lies within me. Think about that. That is a bad one in my brain, to not even see the sin that I am doing or being.

Sin. It will always be a part of who I am. The apostle Paul said, "wretched man that I am....." Hopefully I am becoming sweeter as the years go by, but we all have a long way to go.

I think that it is important for all of us to think about how we fall short from time to time. I don't want you to be consumed with negative thoughts, but if we don't think about how we fall short, pretty soon, we are thinking about how we are better than others. So, let's give thanks for some degree of self-deprecation. That is far better than thinking that you are God's gift to the world, and it opens the door for us to give the glory to Jesus.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: