Saturday, July 11, 2009

nothing much

I have nothing much to say today. I dreamed all night about different things to write in the blog this morning, and now I cannot remember any of them.

The older I get, the less I know. Rob Bell is smarter than I am. So are most of the other people I know. But I still get annoyed by people who act like they are smarter. I am sure they don't mean to be demeaning, but they usually are.

If I realized that I am not as wise as I think, does that make me wiser?

1 Cor 13 if I am the smartest pastor in the world, but have not love, I am a clanging cymbal. If I am the most handsome person in the world, with a full head of hair, but have not love, I should be on the gong show.

Those who say don't know. Those who know, don't have to say.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm so confused! ; )

Lion's Den Man said...

Re: Rob Bell

Personally I'd put the two of you in the same boat, but I also know that doesn't matter to you which is why you would be in the same boat.....

Reading from Rob Bell he says:

"Christ is about Inclusion, not exclusion.....
connection and solidarity rather than rank and hierarchy....
touch rather than distance....
compassion rather than control....
He comes on a donkey, not a horse...
weeping and broken, not proud and triumphant...
His entire life is about stripping away of power and control. Jesus always chooses the path of love, not power."


Peace,
Lion's Den Man