Sunday, July 26, 2009

the road less travelled

Sometimes I choose the road less travelled. The back roads. Phelps Rd, Lee's Summit Road, even Todd George Rd over 291/470. It takes longer to get there on those roads, but there is less concrete and more grass. Trees, wilderness and peace. I enjoy the trip more, I savor the scenery. I may arrive a few minutes later than I otherwise would have, but I arrive in peace.

Get off the main road the next time you drive and enjoy the sights along the way.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Great advise. I'd also suggest just taking off on a country road and see where it leads. I do that a lot and I have seen some beautiful country--places I dream of living someday and they're not that far away. God's world is definitely a beautiful place.