Friday, July 31, 2009

May you be a yes

I read this blessing the other day and I still can’t get it out of my head. I am sure there is a reason for that…………….

“May you be a “yes” to the question, “Has Jesus risen from the dead?” And may you come to see… may you understand…. that you are the good news. You are the gospel.” Rob Bell

I had to sit back and digest that message for a moment. I can’t tell you how many times I have re-read it since I first came across it.

It is flawless. It speaks pure truth. It makes me ask a lot of questions about what I am doing and where I am going.

I probably…. No….without question, I should start each day with that blessing in mind. Right?

Not out of guilt….. not by pressure…..but, by knowing it is the truth.

It plays well into what “young shepherd” has been writing about. It describes perfectly what the person mentioned in my post on Wednesday has come to understand.

I really can’t add to it, but I had to share it……..we need to share it.


Peace,
Lion’s Den Man

2 comments:

Pastor Jeff Brinkman said...

Hi Lion's Den Man,
It is very good. thanks for sharing.
where did you read this quote of Rob Bell?

Lion's Den Man said...

At the end of the NOOMA Video #015 titled "You"