Monday, August 5, 2013

7 day stretch

Well this is the end of what I think is the longest stretch I have ever filled in for Jeff.

At times this is a challenge for me to pull together enough thoughts to share. And even though I have been doing this since 2007 I still am worried about what I say and how I say it. (See yesterday’s post which is one of my concerns) This week went a little different. I was on vacation the week prior. I knew this was coming and so I prepared…I read more….took notes…read old notes from my journal….and prayed. Prayer led me to being open which led to the posts that were on my mind. Posting brought me peace.

If you know me you know I am big on being open and transparent. It is necessary to move forward in our faith, clean up our misdirection’s and heal our brokenness. I wish our Stephen Ministers were buried…not that I want people to be in need of that type of help, I just know there are lots of people in need that just fear what getting that type of help may require from them….

So, where is this all going? Nowhere actually…just my final thoughts to end a great week and say thank you Jeff for your trust in me to do this from time to time. I have grown so much because of this. Which leads me to praise God for the way he moves us and me…

Peace,
Lion’s Den Man

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lions Den! You did a super great job filling in for Jeff, the man!!! Never doubt your ability!! Your posts were awesome & thought provoking!! Thank you for being open & honest. Maybe more of us need to open up about our faith!!!

Lion's Den Man said...

It has been brought to my attention that a word I chose to use in today's post may have been a little confusing....."buried = busy" ..... :) peace LDM