Sunday, August 25, 2013

my Dad

So I had this random thought the other day.  You can find anything on the Internet.  You can Google or yahoo anything and find anything on anyone.  So I decided to yahoo my Dad, Paul Brinkman. 

I found that there are many people named Paul Brinkman.  25 on Linked in.  50 on Facebook.  None of them were my Dad.  He died in 2002. 

I decided to get more specific.  So I added his middle name, Parmalee.  Paul Parmalee Brinkman.  I expected nothing.  I expected that there would be no hits on his full name.  But one came up.  It seems that someone had written about my Dad.  It was his son.  It was me.  I wrote about him in 2007.  Here is the link http://canyouhearthebirdssing.blogspot.com/search?q=parmalee

Well, I hope that someday when I am gone and forgotten, my son will write about me.  Frankly, that will be enough.  Today, I honor my father, Paul Parmalee Brinkman.  It's not his birthday, but I honor him just the same. 

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though many of us don't achieve notoriety in this world, we always have notoriety with God, and notoriety with those who love us. You are already a revered dad and will continue to be, because of your great capacity to love your family and teach your children well. Maybe you can go back and Google your dad under Dads who taught their children great life lessons and prepared them for adulthood. Kind of a long Google line, but you might find it.

Anonymous said...

Jeff: There may be more on the internet about your dad. Did you try Googling this: "Paul P Brinkman" (in quotes)?

That name yields a grave marker here: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=95262934

This man died in 2002 and is buried in Mt. Washington Cemetery in Independence. Coincidence?, or is this your dad?