Tuesday, August 13, 2013

music

I am thinking back to the night that I was getting ready to fly home from Nicaragua.  I am sitting by the pool listening to my mp3 player.  The air is cool and it is an atmosphere of enjoyment around the patio and pool.

I start thinking about some of the songs that I am hearing and how songs can take you back to a certain time in your life.  I am in 7th grade and Elvis Presley is singing "Suspicious Minds."  I am at my senior prom and the band is playing the Moody Blues, "Knights in White Satin."  I am driving my 73 Chevy Vega in college at San Jose State and the song, "Bad Blood" comes on by Neil Sedaka.  On and on the list could go.  Phil Collins, Fastball, Neil Diamond, Maroon 5 so many bands with so many songs that take me to a certain place and time.

Then I remember that I am in Nicaragua.  The people in the village of Los Pinos have probably never heard any of those songs.  In fact, other than the music that the children sing, the village is void of music.  Wow.  A life void of music as we know it.

Man, we are blessed.  Put on a song and give thanks for the gift of music.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: