Wednesday, August 28, 2013

bathrooms in Nicaragua

Ok, I am not someone who would normally talk about this, but I have had a few questions about the topic so I am going to ramble for a moment.

typical outhouse in the villages
Bathrooms in Nicaragua- someone asked me what they were like.  Someone else told me that they heard that you have to pay to use the bathroom in the cities.

Paying to use them - I paid a few times in Russia, I paid a few times in the Holy Land.  Glad to do so, by the way.  In Nicaragua, I used several bathrooms in the city, in the gas stations, in various businesses, and was never asked to pay.

What were they like.  The restrooms at the hotels were fine.  Away from the hotels, I found them to be umm... not clean.  Often no paper.  No soap.  Sometimes the flush mechanism is broken and there is a bucket of water near by that you pour in the back of the toilet to make it flush.  This is typical of third world countries.

Away from the cities, the bathrooms were outhouses.

Next time you stop by the restroom, remember that we have much to be thankful for.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: