Thursday, August 1, 2013

spiritual growth


I’ve been reading a book by John Ortberg called “The Me I want to Be”. Reading always seems to keep me in the flow and I feel more in tune with things around me. But, that’s not the case for everyone. By design we are different, unique and have certain things that put us in that “zone” where we feel in tune with the Spirit.

Ortberg writes, “How often do we get burdened because we try to weld weapons that have helped someone else in the battle? We hear about how someone else prays, or reads Scripture to start or end their day, or worships, or studies, or serves—and we feel guilty if we don’t do the same. We get frustrated because what works for someone else is not helpful to us. We are like David trying to walk around in Saul’s armor.”

I believe there is a place set aside for each of us by God where we find ourselves very alive and very close to Him. If you haven’t found it…..keep looking you will.


Ephesians 2:10

10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.



Peace,
Lion’s Den Man

No comments: