Saturday, August 17, 2013

squatters

This happens all the time in Nicaragua.  People that don't have a place to live, just pick a place and build a shack. 

This hill is next to the hotel that we stay at in Matagalpa.  It is up a very steep hill.  In April when I was there, you could hike to the top of the hill for a nice view.  Now just a few months later, the hill has been taken over by the poor.  There is no water or electricity on the hill so the people carry 5 gallon buckets up the hill from the valley below.




Makes me wonder why I have ever complained about anything in my life.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know Jeff, in one article I was reading about Nicaragua, it said that people have to pay to use public restrooms and the poor can't afford it, so they just go outdoors. How sad.

What you've posted in your blogs is real eye-opening, even for those who haven't gotten to go along on these trips.