Saturday, September 22, 2018

Every thing that you own

As a follow up to my friend Chris's post from yesterday.

Every thing that you own, owns a little bit of you.

This came home to me in a very powerful way some years ago when I was counting the number of gasoline engines that I had to not just put gas in, but clean the air filters and change the oil.

1.  car
2.  wife's car
3. old pickup truck
4.  weed whacker
5.  push mover
6.  lawn tractor
7.  snow blower
8. power edger
9. chain saw

I am sure that there were more, but you can see that the things that we own, can take up so much of our time that we don't have much time left to live.

We have boxes of stuff around the house that we haven't opened in years. 
We lust after the latest technology and we have drawers full of last year's technology.
Yes I need that new shirt.
No I don't.
How many shirts are in my closet?

Eliminating some of what is in your life may make your life more full.
By getting rid of some of what takes up your time, you may actually find that you have more time for living with friends.

Less is more.  Free yourself.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: