Friday, September 14, 2018

Peacock

 I came out of work one day last week and this peacock was picking at my truck.  Maybe he was eating the bugs off.  Maybe he was looking at his reflection in the paint [although there is not much shimmer left in that paint job.]

At any rate, he was relentless.  As I walked up I shouted at him.  He was not phased.  I waved my arms.  No response.  I walked right past him and got in the truck.  Peacocks pay absolutely no mind to humans.  We get no respect from them.

I looked in the mirrors to see where he was.  I could not see him
anywhere.  Now I must be careful because if I run him over, I will be in trouble with many of my Ft Pierce friends who love, feed and even give names to the peacocks.

I back out ever so slowly.  Then I drive the long way around the trees to get away from him.  That is when I see him again in my side view mirror.  He is walking along behind the truck, still trying to pick off that last bug.

Nothing is ever accomplished without a little perseverance.  Determination is an admirable trait.  Never give up.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: