Thursday, September 6, 2018

stakeholders


Years ago, my friend Carol taught our staff about engaging the key stakeholders.  Too many people charge out into life with a thing and just expect everyone to follow along.  Especially in a church and in organizations where people are volunteers, engaging the key stakeholders is very important.

If I don't work to get people on board, then they are likely to fight a perfectly good idea, simply because they were not included.  If I do get them into the discussion, then I may learn some things from them... there may be some pitfalls that I did not otherwise see on my own.

Whether it is a family, a relationship, a workplace or an organization, building team and building consensus is so very important.  Without the backing of others, we might be in charge, but we are not a leader.  A leader is only a leader when people follow.

If I want my wife to go on a vacation with me, I need to ask her where she wants to go.  Even if I am the boss at work, if I want my employees to like working at their jobs, it is important to ask for their input.

We find success together as a team.  Remember to ask, who are the key stakeholders, and how can I engage them.


It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: