Monday, September 17, 2018

lost

I had a dream the other night that I was lost.  I was in a familiar place.  I was driving down the highway when I realized that I was getting into unfamiliar territory.  I decided to exit the highway, cross over, turn around and go back the way I came.

When I got off the highway, suddenly the intersection was very complicated.  There were so many choices, or none at all.  Each road was snow packed and my dog was running loose.  I called and called him but he just kept running around.  I was worried about him being hit by a car, but there was no traffic.

I was in a cold, snow packed place.  The options were confusing.  I didn't know what to do.

And then I woke up.  2 hours later I am still thinking about that dream.

I wonder if I am going to feel this way in November when my Pastor job at Ft. Pierce First UMC is over.  I have had such a wonderful year there at the church, with lovely folks, I guess I am not sure what I am going to do when it is over.

But I did wake from that dream and I woke to a new day.  I am sure that in November it will be beautiful, whatever it is.  There are new days and uncomfortable days, but every day has it's beauty if we look hard enough.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: