Friday, September 7, 2018

On Expressing Love

We are having a memorial service next week for a wonderful man who expressed his love for people via humor.  He was very good at it.

I thought about the ways that we humans express love...

  • we may tell someone that we love them
  • we may treat them kindly
  • we may exercise dry humor and reach for people that way
  • we may give them things


There are many different ways that people show love.  I guess the important thing is not the how, but that you actually do it.  I do think saying I love you is important, but just saying it is no good if the actions don't match up.

Every time we see another human, even if it is someone that we don't know, we have the chance to show respect and care.  To those we know and care about, we have the opportunity, no, we have the obligation to make sure that they know that we love them.

My parents were not demonstrative.  They showed love by taking care of us.  I wish that they would have done both, taken care of us and said, I love you.

How are you expressing love to those around you?  Do they know that you love them?  If they don't then does you loving them even matter to them?

Give yourself away.  Reach for others.  Express your love.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: