Friday, September 21, 2018

simplicity

My Friend Chris wrote in....

I was reminded of simplicity the other day. I went to breakfast with a friend & we saw this old pickup truck in the parking lot. 


I was a car guy when I was a kid, still am. I remember getting subscriptions to Car & Driver for my birthday when I was in middle school. I also remember not getting the subscription one year, I don’t know what my parents were thinking. I remember loving the Nissan Z series of sports cars. The 240Z, then 280Z, & wait, then the 300ZX! Oh, then, the 300ZX Twin Turbo came out. For some reason, I was obsessed with this line of cars.

Cars were simpler back then. There were less buttons to operate. Less features to choose from. Now different models of cars have different levels & options packages. The other day, for fun, I went to Ford's web site to look around. You can ‘build’ or customize a vehicle on their website. I built a pickup truck. I chose all ‘middle of the road’ options. The options were endless! Interior LED lighting. Sensor this, Option this, gotta have that….. It took all the patience I had to complete what seemed like 90 questions to build my own dream truck. It came to just over $66K. I would never spend that kind of money on a vehicle, but that is a discussion for another day.


Back to old pickup truck I saw. Look at the inside dashboard picture. So few buttons to press. Such simplicity. Less to learn. Less to worry about. How can Simplicity help you in your life? I know I could simplify mine.

Whether it’s not downloading that next app, or not buying that thing that you ‘really’ don’t need. Believe it or not, your life will be the same without it. Here’s a few other off the cuff suggestions---

Go grab a box from your garage or basement. One box. Fill it with can goods that have been in your pantry for over 4 months. Or fill it with clothes you haven’t & will not wear. Fill it with any house hold items. Then donate them. You will have made your life simpler & also done something kind for someone else.

Keep it simple. How can simplicity help you in your life?

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019

No comments: