Thursday, July 29, 2021

control issue

I have driven up to see my buddy Roger a couple of times.  I have to tell you that the lady at the Microtel Inn has to be in control. 

I am a Diamond Member of Wyndham.  I'm not bragging, it is no big deal, you get their highest status when you open their credit card.  So, I got there at noon.  Check-in isn’t till 2pm.  There’s no way she’s checking me in.  She has an attitude about it.  I am a little surprised by the attitude.  I know their are rooms available- there always are. But she doesn’t even bother to look.  She says no one checks in until 2pm. That was last month Juneteenth. 

This last trip when I went back to check in, there she was again.  This time, I played my hand differently.  I knew that she would not let me check in.  I didn't even ask.  I asked if I could leave my car here while Roger drove me around.  I was very compliant.  I was very supportive of her need to be in control.  And guess what?  She was very pleasant.  Sometimes unpleasant people can get pleasant if we just acquiesce to their need to be in charge.

It's ok for me to let others be in charge.  I can do it their way.  And often their way turns out just fine.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

Click here for the cruise brochure

No comments: