Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Thoughts on generosity

I have a friend who often tips 90%.  I wish I could do that.

She tells me that it makes her happy to be generous.  She tells me that she has compassion for the servers and bartenders.  She tells me that there were times in her life when she was stingy and she is trying to make up for that.  

Finding happiness by giving.  That is not a new thought.

What are ways that we can become more generous?  First of all, think about living a generous life.  Think about being kind.  Release yourself/myself from the need to have more.  See the people around you and value them. Choose to live a more minimalist life.  Come to believe that you have enough.

Being generous makes us happy.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

Click here for the cruise brochure

No comments: