Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Look what I found!


So one Saturday per month I have been going down to Pepper Park and praying with and giving a "sermon" to some friends.  Last Saturday I took this book to talk about.

Yesterday I was putting the book away and I noticed the papers stuffed in the book.  I wondered what they were.  I pulled them out.  To my great joy and surprise they were the actual sermon notes that I used for my last Sunday at Woods Chapel, June 16, 2016. [I had mentioned the book in that sermon]




you can watch or listen to that sermon by clicking this link

As I scanned the notes I was pleased with some of the topics of that day.  The early church had become tribal.  We can never become tribal.  It cannot be about Jeff vs Gene Barnes vs Steve McQueen vs Robin vs Aaron.  We are all on mission together.  It can never be about Lees Summit vs Blue Springs vs Raytown.  We can not be tribal, we are all in this together.

I also said thank you.  And I want to thank every parishioner from every church I have ever been at:  St. Johns, Lebanon, Princeton, Mercer, Woods Chapel, Cape Coral and Ft. Pierce.  Thank you for raising my children.  Thank you for loving me.  Thank you that love never ends.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

Click here for the cruise brochure

No comments: