Friday, July 23, 2021

It's on me from now on

Wilson Phillips sings, "you got no one to blame for your unhappiness, you got yourself your own self into this mess."

Reminds me of something that I remember thinking learning when I was 28 years old. Prior to 28 I blamed my parents for my problems, my feelings, and my struggles with with guilt and self-worth. When I was 28 I had this realization, this awakening and my brain said you’re an adult now Jeff. Up to this point you could blame them.  But from now on it’s on you.  What they did before is over, the rest of your life is what you make of it.  It is no longer about what they did to you. Now it is about what you do about what’s left.  It is time to pick yourself up and take responsibility for the rest of your life.

I have spend the last 36 years trying to do that.  

Friend, you are an adult.  What happens with your future is no longer blameable to them.  What we do with what we have left is on us.  Its on me.

It's a beautiful day in God's world.  Make the choice.  Choose for a better life.  Give it to yourself.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

Click here for the cruise brochure

No comments: