Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Thinning out my collection of junk

One of the benefits of a long road trip is the opportunity to think about things. Time to process things. I’ve been thinking about getting rid of stuff- thinning things out- minimalizing. Getting rid of things that I’ve held on to for years but I probably don’t need.

Before Scott got hurt I was gonna have him go up and bring everything down out of the attic. I was going to go through it, organize it, sell some of it, and throw some of it away. Then I was going to put the rest of it back with sort of a plan. I was going to make a chart so that I actually knew where things were in the attic.

And so I am driving along, thinking about thinning things out and this song comes on. "Bridge over troubled water" by Simon and Garfunkel. And I remembered back to when that album first came out when I was in seventh grade. I was invited to a party at Debbie Geraghty‘s house and she slow danced with me to that song. She was very popular and I was not. I can remember it being one of the first times in my life that I felt valued. Random things that we think about.

If you don’t feel valued today I want you to know that I value you. You matter to me. I used to love to stand in the pulpit and tell people how important they were to God and to me. Well I don’t have a pulpit today but I want you to know that you do matter to me and you matter to God.

Thin out your stuff if you need to, but let your awareness of your value grow and grow and take up more room in your heart!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

Click here for the cruise brochure

No comments: