Monday, July 26, 2021

suicide

From time to time I have to write about suicide.

From time to time some people get into what I would call a bad space. Not in a good space not in a good place in their head. They feel sadness and despair. Sometimes it feels overwhelming. I’ve been there a number of times in my life. I have a few friends that have actually saved my life.

I want to say a couple of things about suicide today. If you think suicide will ease the pain or stop the pain I want you to understand that suicide only transfers the pain from you to others and it actually multiplies the pain as it branches out to those that love you. Whatever you may be feeling just gets expanded to 100 other people that you’re not thinking of that actually love you and are going to be shocked and hurt.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Feelings are fickle. They come and go. The dark place, the low place, the feeling that life is closing in on you, that does not last forever. A brighter day is just around the corner.

The Psalmist wrote "weeping lasts for the night, but joy comes in the morning." Keep your chin up! See the good! Smile! There’s a hug, there is love, and there is friendship just around the corner.

Don't ever forget, it's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

Click here for the cruise brochure

No comments: