Sunday, July 18, 2021

Sometimes you have to laugh at yourself

Sometimes we just have to laugh at ourselves!

So my buddy Roger is a director on a project at a submarine base.  On June 18th I drove up to see him and the submarines.  Turns out that that day was the celebration of a newly declared holiday "Juneteenth."  So the federal office that would check me in was closed.  No submarines for me.

Fast forward to last Friday.  I had driven up to Jacksonville the night before to deliver a treadmill to my daughter.  Thank the Lord that thing is out of my garage.  I knew I was going to see Roger on Friday, but I did not think we would go to the base since the subs are all out to sea.

When we talked Thursday night, he told me that he wanted to show me the project.  I realized that I was unprepared.  No hard hat, no long pants or shoes.  Strictly Florida clothes, shorts and flip flops.  So Friday morning after I got up, I went shopping for a pair of shoes and a pair of jeans.  At the Goodwill store of course!!!

They had lots of ladies shoes and clothes, but the men's section was small and picked over.  I found one pair of shoes that fit and one pair of jeans that fit, sort of.

Sometimes you have to laugh at yourself.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

Click here for the cruise brochure

No comments: