Saturday, July 10, 2021

perspective

When I go to Kansas City I have a friend who lets me borrow his pickup.  On a recent trip, another friend backed into the truck.

It's a tough call when you have to call someone who has loaned you something and let them know that it has been damaged.  Here is how the call went...

Me:  Hi friend, I am sorry to report that your truck was hit and there is some damage.  I am going to get it to the body shop and get it fixed.  I am sorry.  I know how much you love that truck.

He:  Are you ok?  I like the truck.  I love Jeff Brinkman.

I love that line.  I like things.  I love people.  Someone raised him right.  The truck got fixed and I was reminded again of how important people are.

I like that thing.  I love you.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

Click here for the cruise brochure


No comments: