Saturday, July 24, 2021

Heartbroken

I received word yesterday from several of my Ft. Pierce friends that my friend/our dear friend Kathy Krueger passed away suddenly yesterday.  Actually I got eight calls from friends wanting to make sure that I knew.  The calls were short... they gaged the tone of my voice to see if I had heard.  They couldn't talk.  The shock and the grief are incredibly painful.

I loved her.  We all loved her.  In many ways, she was the backbone of the Ft. Pierce First United Methodist Church.  She led the singing.  She managed the Cuba Mission.  She dealt with communications and programs.  She led the bell choir.  She was heavily involved with the Ft. Pierce Neuro-blastoma group.  She did a lot more that most people don't know about.  She was a huge part of many people's lives.

Kathy, Arlene, Dick and I were the 4 support staff for several years.  We had a bond.  We loved each other.

Kathy was happy, funny, ornery, and loving.  She had a big smile and a big laugh!  She was so very capable and kind.

I am heart broken.  I am going to miss her.

Let's just take a moment to thank God for the deep bonds of friendship.  Let us take a moment to thank God for the precious gift of life.  Friends, cherish every day.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

Click here for the cruise brochure

No comments: