Saturday, July 3, 2021

Fire ants!

I used to say that I was not allergic to poison ivy.  Then I got it.  A very bad case.  I avoid it like the plague.

I have lived in Florida for 5 years.  I have heard of fire ants.  I have seen them.  But they will never get me.  Or so I thought.  There is a first time for everything.

A couple weeks ago I was doing some handyman work for my friend Marie.  I was out in her yard reattaching fence boards.  And that is when it happened.  I did not notice the ant hill, but the ants noticed my right foot sitting right on top of their home.

And then it began.  Biting stinging pain.  I'll bet there were 500 of them on my right shoe.  I brushed them off as quickly as I could but the damage was done.  I was fortunate as I only got about 10 bites but they were nasty.

The moral of this story:  Never say never.  One step at a time.  Look before you leap.  Pay more attention.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

Click here for the cruise brochure

No comments: