Monday, August 19, 2024

Cults

There are a number of programs out now on cults and Christianity gone bad.  I recently listened to one called "Heaven Bent."  Season 4 is about IHOP in Kansas City.  My mom was a charter member.  Seriously.

So I was telling a very good pastor friend about the Heaven Bent blog.  He said something that I found to be profound.  He said, "thanks, but I am not going to listen to that right now because I have already absorbed enough bad news about Christianity."

I get that.  I respect that.  Sometimes, things deconstruct so quickly that our brains and hearts cannot keep up with it.  We can only absorb so much information at one time.  And when your job is to keep finding ways to share the good news, it does not help to keep filling it with the latest bad news.

But, I am listening to them and they are helping me.

Some of the others you might wish to watch are "Let us Prey" "Heaven's Gate" "The Vow" and "The Program."

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: