Thursday, August 22, 2024

When you love a car too much

When I was in seminary, I bought a 1973 Renault.  I loved that car.  I loved it too much.  I totaled it.  I was very sad.


I think that we need to be careful about loving things too much.

And so you know I bought this 2010 Mustang from my sister.  I love it!!!  I love its looks and it is so much fun to drive.


And so on Sunday August 4, I drove the Mustang to church.  I have an agreement with myself, if I am in town, I am going to make it to church.

Anyway, when I came out, I had a surprise...  There are some really big birds in Florida, and when they decide to let loose, it can be devastating.

They pooped on my car!!!




I got it washed off on the way home.  But I thought it a bit sad, that I was in church talking to Jesus, and the birds had no respect for that.

Just another reminder not to love stuff too much.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: