Saturday, August 31, 2024

Church Pt 1

Over the next few days I am going to post some church stories...


Church Part 1:

Why I go to church.  I’m out of town a lot, but when I’m in town, I always make my very best effort to get to church.

I go to church because I love the people there.   I find some of my favorite humans at my church.

I go to church because it feels good to go to church.

I go to church because being a part of the church allows me to participate in things that are bigger than what I can accomplish by myself.  Sort of a "the sum is greater than the total of its parts."

Finally I go to church because every now and then this old preacher gets touched and moved and blessed.

I encourage you to go to your church to love on the people.  Put up with the Sundays that feel dry because one day you’ll go in and the stars will lineup and your heart will be touched.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: