Wednesday, August 28, 2024

whistling

A month or so ago my wife and I took a trip out of town.  I got sick.  I spent a day on the couch.  The next day I told her that I was feeling better.  She said, "I know, I could hear you whistling."

That reminded me of a story... I was 5 years old.  My dad was working in his woodshop in the basement.  I went down the stairs whistling to my hearts content.  I guess it got on his nerves because he said to me in a curt manner, "cut that out!  What?  Did you just learn to whistle?"

Yes that hurt.  62 years ago and I remember it like yesterday.  

Why am I telling you this story?  Because although I stopped when Dad told me to do so, I have started up again.  I love to whistle and I am going to keep doing it.

My friend Kim sent me a video of a grocery store employee that sings while he is bringing in the carts.  Very nice.

Never stop a singer from singing or a whistler from whistling.

And that reminds me of a joke.  So here is a blog post that goes the full circle... sad, happy and then a joke.

I bought a wooden whistle but it woodn't whistle.  So I bought a steel whistle but is steel woodn't whistle.  So I bought a lead whistle but it steel woodn't lead me whistle.

It's a beautiful groaning, whistling day in God's world be sure to see the good.


No comments: